Please print this out and keep handy
NEIGHBOURHOOD SAFETY TIPS
• Make sure all household members and employees know exactly who is allowed access to the premises and that they are very firm in refusing access to anyone else.
• Keep your windows and doors locked in areas of your home that are not being used.
• Don’t leave tools lying around your garden as impulse burglars could use them to break into your home. Remove shrubs or trees that could conceal a burglar trying to break into your home, or that block outside detector beams.
• Report any suspicious persons or behaviour to the police.
• Never leave anything in your vehicle especially in sight from the windows
• If you do park in the street at night, try and park in well-lit areas
YOUR ALARM SYSTEM
• Test your alarm system with your service provider regularly, once a month if possible.
• Update your alarm system if it is more than three years old. Your alarm system should have dual monitoring – a radio transmitter and it should be connected to your telephone line. Your alarm system should also cover your garage.
• Please try and take your bin out as late as possible, just before 7am on Monday mornings (read the recycling information on the OH Watch website).
• Stop any daily deliveries over that time – such as newspaper deliveries.
• Ask a neighbour or friend to collect your post regularly.
• Put your telephone volume on low so it cannot be heard ringing without being answered.
IMPORTANT CONTACT NUMBERS
Police (SAPS) Control Centre City Bowl (emergency) 021 467 8001/2
ADT 0860 100 911
CBAR 0860 15 15 15
Fire Department 021 535 1100
Netcare 911 & NSRI 082 911
Table Mountain National Parks Emergency 021 957 4700
Electricity Fault Reporting Centre (e.g. Street Lights Not Operational)
0800 220 440